Welcome!

This body of work began sometime in the mid 1990's, as an experiment, seeing if I could adhere a dress to a canvas and create a painting over all the textures. "Dress painting" is a term I came up with to explain these when I simply couldn't think of anything better. Over the years they have evolved, with new elements of collage being added. Dress patterns, photographs, and embroidery all appear from time to time, as well as lino block prints, rubber stamps and gold leaf. I will use this space to explore the beginnings of this series, as well as showing my latest work. If the piece is available for sale you'll find the price at the bottom. Free shipping in the U.S. Contact me at kallencole@aol.com to purchase.

Would you like to see my full website? Head over to KathrineAllenColeman.com

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Coming up for air


I feel like I'm neglecting y'all.

I'm just too busy making new work to be able to find time to blog about new work.
And I've found this work rhythm that really fits.  But it all seems to be in studio, carving lino, pulling prints, putting together new ideas, painting, assembling.  All that stuff.  

The other stuff, the book keeping, the show scheduling, the website-etsy-blogger-twitter-newsletter stuff.
That stuff just isn't getting done.

But the work is getting done, although I rewarded myself for a couple good shows with a full day in the garden.  I've pushed a little paint, and I'm about to pull a few prints.  I actually have the blocks laid out, the paper cut, and The Talking Heads on the CD player. But I thought I'd come in and say hi.  

The good news is, I have a couple of great shows lined up that I'm excited about.  

On April 11, 12, 13 you can find me at the Atlanta Dogwood Festival. This is the first time I've been in this show for several years, as I usually head to Texas.  So I hope to see some Atlanta folks!  And then, you can find me in New Orleans for Jazzfest on April 25th, 26th, and 27th.

And I have to tell you, I'm pretty Jazzed about that one.

I'll write again, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment